Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ruthie is doing better and better.


This picture is one Don took last week of me with Portia Vaughn. Portia is on the administrative staff at the assisted living home where we visited a couple of friends. What a thrill to see her, too! When Daddy retired and moved to Winchester to be the hospital administrator, he was the first employee and Portia was the first person he hired. The building was being built and they had their office in the basement of the courthouse, I think. She was right out of college and this was her first job. He'd be so proud of her if he could see her now and the great job she is doing. I was 15 and Daddy and I lived in adjoining rooms at the local hotel until our house was finished. Mom was still in Tucson until that house sold. It was a cool time to be Daddy's girl, but we were sure glad when Mom got there!

They decided to keep Ruthie an extra day today, so we're back in the hotel tonight. She is really doing well, but we all feel like she will do better with an extra day to heal. They didn't walk her nearly as much as we expected today and Phil questioned them about it, so they are really walking her a lot tonight. That will be good for her. She'll be really ready to go home tomorrow, I think. She responded really well to the idea of another surgery to complete the job; she is so ready to feel good and be out of pain! I thank God that there is something to give her hope for the future and a doctor with whom she feels comfortable.

All my bruises are completely faded. Most of the scabs are off, but some are pretty deep and linger. My chin and lip are still very sore, but it doesn't show, so that's a good thing. It's good for me to have a constant reminder! I'm feeling really good. I'm coughing a lot because I do that after bronchitis, but I feel fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment