Thursday, November 12, 2009

Precious memories.


You know, memories are fun. The picture tonight is one I took of Don when he and Phil and I were waiting while Ruthie was in surgery. We expected her to be in surgery for about an hour and it drug on for 3 hours. We had to get up at 4 that morning to get to the hospital, so Don took this opportunity to take a nap. Actually, I was sitting across from him, asleep in my chair, too! Phil had a pager on and it buzzed and he woke me up to tell me he was going to check and see what they had to tell him. So I jumped up and followed him, but my leg had gone to sleep and I crumpled on the floor! The floor was carpeted, so Phil didn't hear me crumble and he kept on going. Don was sitting there sound asleep. Two other gentlemen jumped up to check on me to see if I was okay and all the women in the room swooned and said, "Is she okay?" Of course I was embarrassed to death and jumped up and stumbled over to follow Phil. I think they were telling him that she was doing fine; anyway we had to keep waiting. It was so funny to tell Phil and Don that I had fallen and neither of them even knew it. I was still wearing bruises on my chin from the fall I had taken in the street. I twisted my ankle on that fall in the hospital an it still pangs sometimes, but that was the only injury from that fall. (Don is walking with me every day, so he saves me from falling a lot. I stumble around a lot; one foot or the other just seem to get in my way!) Anyway, I smile every time I see this picture, recalling my embarrassment.

I talked to Phil today and Ruthie is doing a little better. They have made some adjustments in her medication, and that seems to be helping. Plus, I think time to heal helps some, too. Thank you for your prayers for them. I'll be so glad when I can report that they've been able to get in the car and go somewhere for fun. They're looking forward to that day, too! God will bring it.

2 comments: