Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Friday 13th!


The picture tonight is one Don took of Tom and me, with Linda's mother, Betty, in their beautiful sun room. We were thumbing through their old yearbooks, enjoying recalling old memories and friends. Linda's mother is a sweetie; I believe she is 93.

Today I changed our sheets and did 3 loads of laundry. Then after lunch Don and I walked, and then we came home and did the floors. He vacuumed the carpets and I swept and mopped all the hard floors. I had dusted and done the bathrooms yesterday. So, the house is in pretty good shape. Whew. I thank God we can still do this and I sure thank Him for Don to be such a great helper!

I talked to Ruthie today and she's had a really hard day, but she is better. She thinks she didn't rest enough yesterday; it's so hard to know how much to push and when is too much! Anyway, she is recovering, just slower than she wishes. She's really ready to have the other surgery and be done with it all. I can only imagine. Bless her heart! Thank you for your prayers for her. She's tough; she'll heal. I hope that next September she'll be up to a trip to Washington DC with Don and I for our high school reunion. (Itazuke High School; Ruthie graduated there.) It'll be great to celebrate her being able to travel, not to mention a great reunion!

No comments:

Post a Comment