Friday, November 6, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ruthie!


This is a picture Don took of Ruthie and I the night we got to their house, a week ago tomorrow. If you look closely you'll see that my bruises had faded, but one eye was swollen shut. We have no idea what caused that! It started swelling right after I got to their house, so I took out my contacts, thus the glasses. It was better the next morning, so I was able to wear my contacts. Today is Ruthie's birthday. We left at 4:45 this morning and just got home a little bit ago. I'm headed to the bath and to bed; we're exhausted.

I called Phil and he said Ruthie has had a rough day. That is to be expected after all she's been through. She can celebrate her birthday after she recovers from this surgery. It's tough when someone cuts on your back! She had a long day yesterday, although she was doing really well. She made her longest walk at the hospital before they discharged her. Then she rode all the way home and then walked around a bunch at home. It was a really hard day, and I guess it took it's toll on her today. Phil's a great nurse and her favorite in all the world, so she's in good hands.

Don and I had a fine trip home. We still got to see lots of pretty leaves even though the peak must have been last week. We were blessed with a wonderful trip. We made a quick stop in Oklahoma City and dropped off a bunch of clothes that Gretta sent to Tricia's kids. We got to see Nate, Sadie, Raynie and Trish, so that was a treat for us. I got pictures I'll share another day. I wanted Ruthie's picture on here today. Thanks for keeping up with us. I thank God that people love us, for safe traveling, and for the health we all have.

No comments:

Post a Comment