Sunday, April 15, 2012

Always something.

This picture I took a couple of weeks ago after church.  Today there wasn't time for pictures.  The radio station wasn't on the air this morning, then when we went to get into the car it wouldn't start.  I had the other one and it started fine, but it was just how the day started.  Dale and I went and picked up Dorothy for church and then she came home with us for dinner.  Then I took her home while Dale worked on getting the white van to start.  He and I worked all afternoon getting it going and then he finally left with the charger on it.  I went out and started it awhile ago, so I guess something he did worked.  I didn't have jumper cables, so we went and got those, plus he needed something else that we got.  I already forgot what that was.  It was a blessing to have him here to get me going with that car.  I teach all this week, so I'll be using the other van, but I want this one to work when I need it!

My problems are minor, though.  We were blessed the last two nights to have been spared a tornado hit.  Friday night Norman was hit hard and last night Woodward was hit really hard.  We had them all around us, but we were spared.  Last night my irises really took a beating from wind and hail and rain.  I went out to cut some fresh ones this morning and they are all hanging like rags. I dead headed them this afternoon; I hope there will be some more pretty ones to cut later this week.  I'm sure glad I cut some last week and brought them in to enjoy!  I'm fooling with a car that won't start and some people totally lost their cars or even people they know and love.  I had a good friend her with me all weekend, plus Dorothy  for much of the weekend.  She spent the night Friday night because of the storm and then Sundays are always great with her.  God sure blesses me with great people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment