Thursday, April 5, 2012

Confessions.

I'm up late, again, but there's no school tomorrow.  I drove in the dark, but nobody was on the road but me and I knew the way.  Now, I'm done confessing; let me explain.

I went to school today and the teacher I was supposed to sub for was there!  She's the high school girls' softball coach and they had a tournament, but it was cancelled because the field was too wet from our recent rains.  I was disappointed because I love teaching for that teacher, but I was thrilled because it freed me to go to Lawton to watch Bruce play in a tournament!  He pitched the whole first game and they won it 10-1.  Then I went over to Don's niece's house and spent the afternoon visiting her, so that was a really good time, too.  I went back to watch the second game and it didn't start until 6:30.  I couldn't resist staying until dark because I know the way home from Lawton.  I know it's not wise to drive after dark, but I didn't have any trouble, so I thank God for that.  It was a really good day and I'm thrilled to have gotten to live it.  I'm headed for a bath and then I get to sleep with no alarm set tonight.  YES!  Tomorrow I hope to get the rest of the weeds pulled out of the flower beds and deadhead the irises.

No comments:

Post a Comment