Saturday, April 7, 2012

Underneath the growth . . .

Underneath this growth is an awesome looking guy and he has a heart the size of Texas.  See the earplug cord? He's using that because I asked him to use it.  There was so much going on, my mind couldn't handle another sound.  See the smile?  That's because I was taking a picture.  I wanted to get a picture of him climbing the walls in Branson, but I never got out there in time to do it.  There were some rock walls that I bet only he climbed that week we were there.  He can do anything physical.  He can play anything on the guitar.  He melts everyone's heart.  He's amazing.  That's not the end of the list; it's just the beginning, but this is not about him; it's just his turn to be pictured.  I'm so glad he joined us for spring break; he's growing up and probably this will be our last spring break with him because he'll be 18 next year.  Sigh; Gabe is awesome.

I got to go to Lawton today to see the rest of Bruce's tournament, which they won.  A cold front moved in and we nearly froze in the stands, but it was worth it!  I nearly froze Thursday for those games, so I took sweats and a jacket and a blanket today, which helped.  It's been a big day and I'm going to take a bath and go to bed at a reasonable hour.  I still can't get a handle on this time change.  It never seems like bedtime and I get started with the winding down process way too late.  I'll catch on about the time it's time to change the time, again, I guess.

I thank God for awesome grand-kids.  What a blessed way to crown old age with awesome people in my life.  I thank God for Bruce and Gabe and all the others, too.  Bruce and Gabe will both turn 18 this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment