Friday, April 20, 2012

Not so tired in the morning.

I got up in time to take this picture this morning.  I wanted to get a shot of the last of this year's irises and a shot of me before I get so weary with the day.  I got one last cutting in last night and the house smells wonderfully of irises!  There should be re-bloomers in the late summer, but I'm afraid this is the last of the spring irises.  The hail was tough on them, but these few survived.  There are a couple of buds out there, so maybe I'll get a couple more.  We'll see.

Today was a good day at school.  The best part was I got through early and got to take the car in to get a new battery.  I'd been teaching all week and didn't have a chance to get this done until today.  It's the van I will use for travel this summer, so I needed to get a dependable battery.  It was the original battery, and it was weak, so it was time to bit the bullet.  I will take the same van in next week and have the oil changed and ask the mechanic to check everything to make sure it's road ready.

I am only scheduled to teach one day next week.  Of course they could call me at the last minute, but they've been really good to call me in advance so far.  I'm enjoying teaching.  I thank God for the opportunity to use my training.  I also thank Him for the delightful kids and great fellow teachers.  I'm blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment