Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Before I dropped . . .

After school I usually drop.  Today I remembered to take a picture before I dropped because I went by these beautiful roses and was reminded of one of the nice people in my life.  My good friend, Dale, who came here last weekend, brought these roses 'from Don.'  He knew that I'd made it through our anniversary last week and he said he knew that Don would have wanted me to have them.  Isn't that an act of kindness?  Thanks, again, Dale, for your thoughtfulness!  Actually, Don would have just been sure that we had peanut butter in the house to share.  I told Dale that, and he said it was a story I should repeat, so I will.  It is a treasure to me.

When Don and I married we took a trip to Panama City for a honeymoon, but our financial situation gave new meaning to the word 'broke.'  So we had a hotel on the beach and we went out to eat one meal a day.  We bought a jar of peanut butter and a spoon and we shared peanut butter for the other meals.  I don't think we suffered any for it and it was always our anniversary celebration:  to share a spoon of peanut butter.  In fact we celebrated it nearly every single day, and it was special to both of us.  Whenever we went to the grocery store, Don would say, "Do we need peanut butter?"  I love the memories!  Thanks, Dale, for encouraging me to repeat the story.

Two days at school down for this week; three more to to.  Tomorrow is at the middle school, so it will be a treat.  I'm getting to know the high school kids better and I'm enjoying my time with them more and more.  I'll be back at the high school for Thursday and Friday.  The tax people are still working on my return, so it looks like I will go with the extension.  Ugh.  I so wanted to be done with it by today.  All we can do is all we can do.  I just thank God that I've had great help from Jerry and the tax people have been very kind with me and considerate of my ignorance and my situation.

After school today I went by to see Dorothy and picked up some clothes that need altering.  Her sister took her shopping last week and she has several things that need hemming.  I can do that tonight while I catch up on the weeks of Survivor that I've forgotten to watch.  I'd like to be able to watch the current show tomorrow night as I do some more of her alterations.  I'm sure glad for the DVR because I forget to ever turn on the TV!  Oh, I guess I should be watching the results of DWTS, but I think I'll DVR it and catch up on it later, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment