Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Irises welcome me home after school!

I stayed up until 1 this morning working on taxes, so I have that 'lights on but nobody at home' look.  The irises brighten my day, though.  I loved my day at school today.  There are rough spots, but all in all, I think it's where I'm supposed to be.  Tomorrow I go to the high school and sub for the computer teacher.  I have a feeling that will be something like teaching math.  I can work my computer, but probably not like they teach it.  I can get the answers to math problems, but nothing like they teach it these days.  In fact the kids think I'm some kind of magic because I can figure 20% of 35 in my head and when I show them how I get it, it only takes one little multiplication problem.  They have to take a half sheet of paper and solve for p and who knows what all else, just to come up with a simple answer.  I guess it prepares them for algebra or something crazy like that.  Anyway, I'll survive tomorrow, and maybe I'll learn something!  Thursday I'm subbing at the middle school, again.  It's beginning to feel like home.  I thank God for a degree that makes me feel comfortable in the classroom and that qualifies me to be there.

I'm waiting on the tax people to return my call.  I stay up until all hours to get stuff ready for them and then they don't have time to return my call.  I'm going to bed.  I'm not going to wait up on them, again.  I think I've done all I can do; I just have questions about how they want the information submitted.  I thank God for my brother-in-law, Jerry, for so many reasons, but this week for doing days and days of work on the tax information for Don's stock trades.  What a blessing he has been to me!

4 comments:

  1. Had to laugh at the math...I was showing Kailan something one day (the old way) and I confused her to pieces...wonder who stayed up so late to think up ways to make math hard? Rene' had to show her the "new" way to figure the problem...why make life so complicated. So glad you are enjoying your teaching...it can be a real joy and great way to make new friends! Love ya, Donna

    p.s. I just got my Fed tax refund...YEA! BUT will just have to return for estimated next year...ugh but I can hold on for a few days...hee, hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You matched your irises -- and look lovely despite the lack of sleep.
    The Lambo's are coming to visit me and Aunt Moze Saturday. Wish you could be here too.
    Love you!
    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I'm glad you got a kick out of my math experience. They'll probably not call me back to teach math after the kids tell the teacher the 'magic' I showed them. Ha! I know you're having fun at the beach this week. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scarlett, how wonderful to see a note from you on here! I sure wish I could have been at the family time with all of you, too. I know it was wonderful! Love you!

    ReplyDelete