Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Only light storms.

This is a picture I took one day after pulling a ton of weeds.  I am so pleased with the irises this year! They are happy to have the rain we've had.  I'm so happy that they didn't get hail or even bad wind last night.  We had thunder, lightning and rain, but all that was good for them and nice for sleeping.  Those deep purple irises just look like velvet in real life.  Last year was such a drab year since we had so little rain, but this year looks like it will be delightful.  I thank God for that.  He knew I needed it!

I got all the vacuuming and dusting done today!  It feels good to take a deep breath and go to bed knowing the yard and the house are decent.  Only decent, mind you.  I still need to do some deep cleaning and cut down some trees, but we'll get those miracles accomplished when my brother-in-law comes.  Well, the deep cleaning may wait for a cleaning fairy.  I got the main stuff done, though.  I have company coming this weekend, so that's a good thing; perfect timing.  Now's a good time to visit, with the house clean and the irises blooming.  My friend, Dale, is coming and we're going to memorize the wildlife refuge.  Well, that's my goal; I hope he'll like it and that I'll be able to show him all God's wonders there.

They didn't call me to teach today and they haven't called, yet, for tomorrow.  They did call and schedule me for next Wednesday, though.  It's good to have work from time to time, but I was sure glad to have today free to finish the house.  God is good to me and He provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment