Sunday, April 29, 2012

Larkspur and yarrow.

I love the larkspur and yarrow! The yarrow leaves yellow dust and the larkspur will drop petals before long, but I still love them. I'm ready for the mess and love the colors.

Dinner was fun today. It turned out that there were only 6 of us, as Dorothy has a sore throat and someone else hurt their ankle and had to keep it elevated all day. I have lots of lasagna left over and I've stashed it in the freezer. I've got several packed to take for my lunch at school, too. So, it was fun visiting and I've got my meals for the week already prepared.

As I was pulling out of the driveway today I noticed that the weeds are returning. Those rascals! As soon as my company left I put on my grubby clothes and went out and sprayed them. I never even thought to check the weather. I'd forgotten that we have scattered thunderstorms in the weather tonight and a 30% chance of rain. Ugh. I sure hope my weed killer doesn't get washed off! If it does, then I bet I'll never spray without checking the weather, again!

We've got warm weather predicted for the next 10 days, so I'm glad I took those flannel sheets off and put on the cool, cotton ones. Ahhhh. I thank God that I'm a good sleeper. A good bed sure helps, but sleeping is the thing I do best. It's a great time of healing for me. A good night's sleep does a lot of repair on my back; what an awesome God we have to build in our own healing and recovery systems. Just a power nap does wonders, but a good night's sleep is way wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment