Friday, April 13, 2012

I love her so much!

This is a picture that I got the first Sunday that I was back from Branson.  Dorothy and I were at my house for lunch after church and I didn't have the camera up high enough, so it cut my head off.  I still love it because of the way Dorothy is looking at me; how could I not love her so much?  She is my best buddy!

Tonight she came out to spend the night because it's been storming here.  I have the basement and we really have fun sharing these times.  I had called her to see if she wanted me to come and get her and she said, "No, let's wait a while."  Well, I waited about 5 minutes and then thought, "That storm is going right toward her house; I need to go get her NOW!  So, I called her back and the line kept being busy, so I thought she'd left it off the hook.  I just took off to her house and called her from my cell phone.  It rang that time and when she answered, I said, "I'm on my way to get you."  She said, "No, Jo, Jeff is here and he's bringing me to your house and he might bring his family, too."  Well, she was here in about 5 minutes, but Jeff didn't bring his family.  He lives pretty close, so he was keeping an eye on the storms and he'd have brought them if he thought it was wise.  I talked to him later and we decided it was best for her to stay the night because we've got storms all around us.  I absolutely love having her stay!  We always build great memories!

My friend, Dale, is here from California and she and he are having a great time.  Tomorrow Dale and I are going adventuring at the refuge.  We are supposed to have good weather until about 3, so we'll have to hustle.  Jeff is coming back to get Dorothy and take her home at 7 in the morning, so we'll head to the refuge shortly after that.  God is showing us some of his power tonight.  I sure hope we can see some more of His handiwork at the refuge tomorrow, but no storms until we get home.

I taught today and Dale worked his business from the house.  It was a great day for me; I picked up 6 more days of teaching!  I love that!  I'll teach every day next week!  Lucky that I had this week mostly off, but I'm ready to work, now.  I'm really getting so hooked on the kids.  I had high school algebra and English today; thankfully, they don't expect much out of me with that Algebra!

No comments:

Post a Comment