Saturday, April 14, 2012

Great refuge day!

This picture is one I got today when Dale and I went to the reserve.  It was hazy and WINDY, but we had a great adventure.  Between these two buffaloes is a longhorn cow and her calf.  This was just beside the prairie dog town.  It was so windy the prairie dogs were hardly coming out of their holes.  There were Canadian geese hanging around, so they may have intimidated the dogs, too.  We also saw a deer and a wild turkey.  We went to Mount Scott and in the 16 years I've lived here I've never seen it closed, but it was closed!  They had a gate across the road!  We went to Meers and ate and went back to Mount Scott and it was open!   So, we got to go up there, but it was so windy that it was hard to stand!  It's always windy up there, but that's the strongest wind I've ever seen up there.  On the way home we stopped by Dorothy's house, and as we left we saw a huge rat snake in the road.  What a great day for wildlife!  I took this picture from the car.  Half of the pictures I took when I was outside were blurry because I couldn't stand still!

We dodged the weather bullet last night, and it looks like we will, again, tonight.  God is so good to us.  Even when we went to Meers today there was NOBODY in line.  I have never been there and been the only one waiting to eat.  Wow!  We've been under a tornado watch all day, so maybe that's why not too many people were at Meers.  The circumstances were right for tornadoes, but none managed to appear.  I thank God!  This is life in Oklahoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment