Thursday, August 30, 2012

All the help we can get is great!

This is Lee holding his littlest grandson, Bryce, (2 months) who showed up to help twice last week!  I thought that shirt was so cute!  We're just loving all the help we can get and so appreciating it!

Today I taught band, of all things.  That wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.  I was absolutely impressed with our high school band.  The drum major just took over the class and handled it like a PRO to the max.  I was so proud of him and the whole band for the way the followed his awesome lead!  The rest of the day was a bit bumpy here and there, but I had a great time.  I ended up spending 4 hours at the elementary school, so I dug deep to find some music skills from over the years.  All in all it was great fun, but I'm worn out!

We're going out to dinner tonight to celebrate a couple of friends' birthdays this month.  We missed Bob Clark's, but we're celebrating his and my friend Judy's.  Judy lives in Houston and today is her birthday; we're just going to celebrate with Bob and his wife, Diana, and use Judy for the excuse to celebrate.  She'll love that.  I wanted to get this blog done so I can just fall into bed when we get home tonight.  This teaching and moving is wearing me out, but I think it's a good kind of wear.  I'm loving it.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity to celebrate with friends.  I thank God that I can get back into a celebration mode.  I thank God for taking care of me and for sending Lee my way.  I told Lee that I am so glad we both stayed on Match long enough to find each other and he said, "I think God would have found another way if we hadn't."  He makes me smile.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment