Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Warning: this is disgusting!

Dorothy was having trouble with the commode in her bathroom,   It wouldn't flush right.  It would fill up really high and she was afraid it was going to run over, so she called the plumber.  This sounds like a legend, but it's a TRUE  STORY; I guess this is the wild west!  Anyway, the plumber took his tool called a snake in to snake out her commode and he pulled out this 4 foot long bull snake.  It was alive until he cut off his head.  You can see the head laying off to the right.  Now, I know a bull snake is not poisonous.  I'm usually fairly calm around snakes in the grass; I do my best to keep my distance and let them do their thing as long as it's not directed at me.  But, a snake in the commode is just too freaky!  If it can happen at Dorothy's house, it can happen at MY house!  I'll always be looking before I sit; I can promise you that!  It could happen at your house too, so I tell you this so that you will look before you sit, too!

Okay, disgusting stuff said, I thank God that Dorothy had a second bathroom which she was using when the one started acting funny.  I also thank God that I've never had a snake in my commode.  Wow, the list sure gets long when I start thanking God!  I am richly blessed!

Lee left this morning, but he's coming back on Thursday.  He's working closely with a couple here on some plans to build a house for them.  He had to go back to the city to get some other plans and some pictures of a house he's built there.  It's interesting watching him work, so there is another thing to add to my list of thanks.  He's a great distraction!

9 comments:

  1. Whoa, you hear of this happening, but you always think it is some urban legend. I always look before I sit...will look even better now. Did the plumber happen to say how this can happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my question too....how in the world would a snake get in there to begin with.....yikes!!!
    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly! I would have thought it was an urban legend, too; that's why I took and posted the pic! Lee said it would come up through the septic system. I am on city water and sewer system, but I don't trust anything, anymore. Dorothy thought it was funny! She's a farmer's wife, forever and takes everything in stride. She told it just like she would mention that someone put a dog out at her house; a little dismay and disgust but not freaking like I was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok..so is Dorothy on city or a septic tank (I have both..lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dorothy is on a septic tank. Watch when you sit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a story that happened last week. My bathroom sink drain was slow so Jerry took the u shaped piece off underneath and there was strange-looking fleshy stuff in it - nothing that would be normal and then he used one of those plumber snakes thru the pipe in the wall and brought out more and it was long and all connected. He thought it looked sort of like white meat. I tried dissecting it with toothpicks and saw parts that looked like small tendons. Because of its length, we decided it could have been a snake that had crawled thru the drain and could have been there when the house was built. We aren't on a septic system.
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  7. YIKES! Doris, you live in upscale Spring, a suburb of Houston! Is no place safe??? I love your dissecting it! I thought I was gutsy to take a picture. You are something else! Thanks for sharing your SCARY story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should not have read this post...now I won't be able to sit without looking and wondering AND I won't be able to wash my hands at Doris' house. Already terrified of the rascals. :( Glad that Dorothy was able to get that taken care of. Crazy and scary for sure!

    Love ya!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, Heather! Just keep your eyes open! Life is interesting to say the least! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete