Monday, August 13, 2012

Giggling sisters.

This is my sister, Sissy, and I.  She got here around 11:30 this morning and we spent most of the day right here at the table giggling and talking.  We've eaten two good meals and even walked around a couple of blocks, since the weather was nice tonight.  What a great time we're having.  I'm so glad she's spending the night.  I love a slumber party with my baby sister and I sure thank God for her and her safe trip from Wichita Falls. I've showed her all my equipment that I use to keep in shape and she's still walking after using it!  It's been so much fun!

Before she got here this morning I went over and visited Floyd in the nursing home.  I was blessed.  He's a dear guy and when I asked him if I could do anything for him, he said, "Just sit here with me."  I was glad to do that.  I got to visit a couple of other dear people while I was there.  It's good to count our blessings when we see folks who can't live in their own home, don't you think?  Floyd did a lot of work on this house when we moved into it.  I will always appreciate his work.  He's the one who taught us to play Hand and Foot Canasta and we have spent so many hours enjoying that.  I'm happy to sit a spell with him in his last hours.  God bless him.

No comments:

Post a Comment