Friday, August 3, 2012

One tired, but smiling lady.

I got up at 5 to make it to the sale this morning before all the early birds, so I'm really tired.  It was a great day, though.  We've sold most everything, but we'll go back in the morning to sell what's left and celebrate!  I'm so pleased to get to be a part of this experience.  We've met some wonderful people and everyone has gone away happy.

Lee is on his way here to help with whatever we have to do tomorrow.  He'll help me celebrate my birthday tomorrow.  It's nice to look forward to him being here.  He has plans drawn for a house he hopes to get a contract to build in the area, so that's exciting.  I'm looking forward to seeing those plans, too.

I'm not going to see much tonight, though.  I'm so headed to bed.  I made dinner yesterday, so I'm warming it, now.  I think he's been up late working on the plans, so he'll probably be happy to go to bed early, too, but he's welcome to stay up and watch TV.  I hope he'll forgive his hostess for turning in early, but these eyes are barely open; soon I'll have to get toothpicks to hold them open.  Praise God for a great sale.  One of Floyd's friends came and helped us all day and brought her granddaughter, who is a doll.  She'll be 15 in December and is about as precious as my 15 year old granddaughter, Sadie!  In down times today I taught her to play cribbage and spit.  She and I had a great time.  We were both sleepy, but the spit woke us!  She's from Tyler, Texas and was another blessing to me today.  Lucky me.

No comments:

Post a Comment