Saturday, August 18, 2012

Happy Birthday, Bruce!

Eighteen years ago our grandson, Bruce was born.  He now towers to 6'6" of gorgeous hunk of wonderful guy, here many hundreds or thousands of baseball games later.  What a delight he has been.  I'm so proud of you, Bruce!

This evening I was blessed to marry Lee Hensley; how can one woman be so blessed?  I thank God for the opportunity to enjoy life with this man.  You will get to know him better as time marches and we will all be blessed.  The wedding was so simple and beautiful.  Lee's 'little' brother, Dan, and his wife, Sandy, stood up with us and the preacher.  The vows were wonderful.  Dan also served as the photographer, but I don't have his pics, yet.  I got this one of Lee and I when we got home from dinner.  Many of my friends on FB from Itazuke were having a toast with us tonight at the time of our wedding.  This was our grapefruit juice toast when we got home.  Now, if I can just get the picture element of the blogger to work!

I thank God for this opportunity to serve Him as half of a couple, rather than a widow.  I was really struggling by myself and I am so much better with Lee by my side.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Hensley!!!! We wish you many many years of happiness and may you grow closer each year! Love, Linda & Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda and Tom. I sure look forward to your meeting him and vice versa. I've told him all about you two, so he knows you are special and is eager to meet you, too. Love you guys so much!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Mary Jo and Lee. We also wish you many years of joy and happiness.
    We love you
    Mike and Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike and Terri, thanks so much. You guys are family, so your love means so much! See you in SA!

      Delete
  3. so glad that you and Lee have each other to live life and make a difference in the world !
    Best Wishes once again from David and Nancy
    see you real soon !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David and Nancy, I so appreciate your support through the last year. You are tremendous friends! Love you!

      Delete
  4. Congrats!! So happy for you both! I can't wait to meet him, and give you a big hug! Love you, Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, thanks so much for sharing my happiness. We are eager for him to meet all of you, too. I am so blessed to have him in my life; he turns darkness into happiness. Love you so much.

      Delete