Monday, August 20, 2012

Awesome friends: Steve and Mary.

Steve and Mary, my friends who mean so much to me came by to meet and visit with Lee tonight.  Steve and I share our birthday and I've known Steve and Mary for 30 years or so.  We've traveled numerous times together and they went on the cruise with me last winter and hand carried me to my last appointment at MD Anderson.  They wanted to see me through this marriage and Mary intended to approve of Lee before we married, but she said we married too quickly, so now she HAS to like him.  :)  What fun we have.  Steve and Lee graduated from the same high school (4 years apart), so they enjoyed remembering some people who the both knew, etc.  We had a great visit.

Today Lee and I worked on sorting out a bunch of his 'stuff.'  We both have a lot of thinning out of "stuff' so that we can merge our belongings and fit into one house.  This is challenging.  It was great to end the day with a great visit from Steve and Mary.  I thank God for great friends.  I also thank Him that we are in a position of having too much 'stuff' in stead of not enough.  We are blessed with abundance of everything from  'stuff' to friends and family.  God is so good to us!

After Steve and Mary left I checked my email and I had 3 messages telling me that I'd had calls from my friends Bob and Mimi Dwyer , who we house sat for in Hawaii.  I called them back and it was so good to talk to them and get their congratulations and love, too.  I am overwhelmed with love from so many folks and thank God so much for all these wonderful folks in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment