Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Learned MY lesson!

Here is Lee standing by the truck before we left yesterday.  We are so grateful for Lutie to help us unload those metal cabinets and that freezer!  You know I told you yesterday that they had a teacher for the sub position they had called me about for today.  So, I finished up the blot at about midnight last night and then took my bath and sat around with Lee arranging furniture in our minds until around 1:30.  I thought we could sleep in.  WRONG!  The phone rang at 8:30 and the middle school wanted me to teach at 9!  The sub had an emergency and they needed me to scurry right in!  YIKES!  So no breakfast and a dash and I made it.  I forgot to take my fitbit, which measures my steps, so I took the second hour, which was a free hour, and rushed home to get it.  I called Lee to tell him I was coming and he answered with, "Thank you."  I said, "Why?"  He said, "I'm locked out of the house and I can't find you.  I'm at the Hobart Elementary school looking for your van."  He was going to open the van and borrow my garage door opening.  Instead I suggested he meet me at the house and he could go in with me.  What a way to start our day!  It worked out to be a great day, though.  He got the van all unloaded and lots of things sorted while I taught.

The kids and other teachers gave me a warm welcome.  I was tempted to tell them I just couldn't go but I thought it would be a good thing to let them know I'm willing to pull them out of a tight spot.  Really, the kids are so precious to me; I was really glad to see them, and the day was great.  After I got home Lee and I were able to get lots done.  Man, there is so much more to do, though!  Little by little we will get this mountain climbed!  We're going to bed as soon as I finish posting this post, though;  I learned that during the school year I've got to get to bed early and be up and ready early in the morning; it's just the best way to do it!  Staying up late last night and sleeping in was a rough way to run this day!

I thank God for the chance to teach, though.  I thank Him for the kids and the other teachers.  They are all a delight to me.

2 comments:

  1. I see you got a nice new truck in the deal MJ...well done...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm . . . hadn't thought of that! I've got a van I need to unload, now. We are playing musical vehicles in the driveway! His truck is very nice. I keep saying, "Lucky me!"

    ReplyDelete