Thursday, August 23, 2012

Lots of new family!

Lee has 7 kids and 12 grand-kids, so our marriage makes lots of new family for both of us!  This is a picture of Lee, holding his youngest grandson, Bryce.  I think it was Monday that we went out to eat with Bryce and his two older sisters, Peyton and Maddy, as well as their mom and dad, Krissy and Chris.  We have been meeting family right and left as well as friends this week.  It has been wonderful.  The rest of the time we are sorting through Lee's belongings.  My car is loaded, but we have his truck yet to load.  We have some trips to make with it before we load it, though, as well as Lee's high school reunion tomorrow night and Saturday night.  I'm hoping to get a good night's rest tonight to brace for this weekend.  Both our backs are complaining about all the lifting and moving we're doing.  I wish I knew a smarter way to do this, but I think we have to just take it a little at a time until we are moved.  We'll take as much little stuff as we can with his truck and then when the house in Hobart is ready to receive all his things, we'll get a big truck and take the big things.  That's our vague plan.  We're taking it little at a time, but there is so much to do!

I thank God for a purpose in life, for family and friends and for energy and strong bodies.  We are richly blessed!

8 comments:

  1. All I can say MaryJo is how in the world will you learn all their names...good luck with that. You might need some nametags for a year or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, they are pretty easy. Everyone has their own personality and the names seem to fit perfectly. Now, when I get in a hurry, I may have to go through all the names before I get to the right one; I do that already. They all seem to understand. :)

      Delete
  2. MJ - i enjoyed catching up on your blog tonight and seeing new photos ! You sound very very busy, but very very very happy !
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm . . . I wonder who this is, but you've got the right picture. It's busy but happy here! Thanks for the hugs!

      Delete
    2. oh, it was me. forgot to sign out ! Happy days for you and Lee !
      Nancy

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Nancy for identifying yourself. I always wonder who it is when someone forgets to sign off; sometimes I can recognize it, but it's not always easy! Love you!

      Delete
  3. I wondered the same thing as Dana...name tags sound good. You are truly blessed. It is so good to see you smiling and happy again.

    Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Donna, everyone is so wonderful. I am truly blessed. They're pretty easy to keep straight; everyone is just who they are and the names seem to fit just right. Lucky me! Love you!

    ReplyDelete