Friday, August 10, 2012

Refreshing day.

I didn't do any chores today.  We worked on some plans this morning and then Lee talked to the guy he was hoping would be his client and got the news that he thinks he thinks he can build his house himself.  That's a big mistake, but he has to make it before he'll know it.  No problem.  We learned a lot in the process and Lee is warming up for the next client.

We changed some light bulbs that were out and put some stuff in the attic that I had been collecting until I had help.  Then he held the ladder for me while I did some repairs on the ceiling in the garage.  Funny how things keep falling apart around here.  I guess that's life, even in a small town.  We got all cleaned up and went to the museum and it was closed.  Duh; I should know my own town better.  We've had a good day not getting anything really done, but just enjoying sharing some time.  I'm going to go over Hand and Foot canasta with him as soon as I get the blog done.  We've got folks coming to play for Dorothy's birthday tomorrow, so he needs to have a little training.

The weather was much cooler today!  Our high was only 96!  I thank God for some relief in that area!  It's been over 100 since I can remember and many times over 110, so this was a great break!  Most of all today I thank God for a good friend who is a great distraction for me.  I'm a lucky lady to find such a gentleman.  One of Don's classmates believe that Don has sent Lee.  I don't know about that stuff, but I can imagine it could be true.  Don would like Lee a lot and he would like to see me smiling again.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you and Lee!!! Hope you have a great Saturday! Tell Dorothy "Happy Birthday" from us! Love you, Linda

    ReplyDelete