Thursday, August 2, 2012

So much for going to bed early.

It's a great plan to go to bed early, but it's sure not in my wiring to do it.  It's a good thing I'm starting on it now, because it's going to take me some time to get around to it!  Here it is nearly 11:30 and I've got to get up at 5 in the morning.  Tomorrow is the sale we've been working on all week.  It starts at 7 and we have to put some things out at the last minute and be ready for the early birds.  I'm heading over there at 6 and picking up ice on the way to keep our drinks cool.  So, here I am at 11:30 on the computer.  Old habits die hard; I'm working on it!

This picture is one I took this weekend of Bob and Diana's 'new' old house.  This is their 4th old house in Hobart.  Bob is incredible at remodeling and this place will look like a show piece if he lives to finish it.  He has spent all this week working on this place.  His priority is to get the porch fixed so the city will get off his back.  Then he wants to get this one finished as quickly as possible because he has a renter for it.   Sitting on the porch is Bob and Di's son, Forrest, who was coaching right then, but he's a big help.  My friend, Lee, is on the left, then Bob, and then Diana.  I thank God for these great friends and pray that they live to finish all the great plans they have.  This house is one Bob has had his eye on ever since they moved to Hobart, so he's really pretty excited to have it.  It's fun to watch them work, but it's scary to me.  Wow, what big projects they have, and digging up the weeds in my yard is a big undertaking for me.  I stand amazed at them!  I went to school in Japan with Bob, so what a treat it is to have them here in town to keep alive a friendship that is over 50 years old!

2 comments:

  1. Had to zoom in for a closer look..this house has so much potential. Looks like so much work tho, they are really brave to take these projects on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Dana, they are really something awesome. This will be a beauty when they finish. Bob does everything to perfection.

    ReplyDelete