Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What a fun and blessed day!

You, know, life has some tough curves to maneuver.  This is a picture I got today of myself and my Sissy.  How blessed I am to have her in my life and she lives within 2 hours of me.  We are connected on Facebook and we are close.  2011 took both our husbands and it was tough on both of us, but we've had each other for support and what a blessing that has been.  We stayed up until 3 a.m. last night enjoying each other's company.  We sat out on the back deck and enjoyed the cool breeze God gave us.  She even saw 3 shooting stars in the meteor shower!  My cataracts wouldn't let me see any, but I enjoyed her glee.  It was fun to come in the house and be shivering.  I haven't shivered from a nice cool breeze in a while!  We slept like bricks until 8:30 this morning and then enjoyed the rest of the day sharing girl/sister talk.  I thank God for the tremendous treat of her.  She's gone home, now, so I pray for her safe trip

Tomorrow I will drive a sweet lady to OKC to pick up another sweet lady at the airport.  It will be another day of blessings, so I'm a rich lady this week.  I'd better go get some chores done so I can justify all this sweet off time.

2 comments:

  1. I truly enjoyed reading your posts. I hope God continues to bless you and your sister. You can find me at irishgwen.com if you want to read about my life. Have a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Gwen. I've peeked a little at your blog, but I've got a really busy agenda right now, so I can't dig very deeply at this time. I'll be visiting more later. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete