Monday, August 27, 2012

Home!

We made it home with all our Okie load!  See how loaded the van was and you can see the truck behind the van, loaded with freezer, metal storage cabinets and a ton of other stuff!  We had to stop a couple of times to shift some things and replace the ties, but we made it.  We got here and Joan came and helped us ready the garage for Lutie to come and help us unload.  Then I took all my stuff out of my freezer and put it all into Lee's freezer.  Then I defrosted mine and it's all clean and ready to take back to his daughter when we go back to OKC.  All this shifting of belongings is about like moving.  Actually, it is a lot of moving.  We're moving his stuff either to someone else or to here and a lot of my stuff is going to someone else.  We'll have a couple of garage sales.  We look forward to the day we can be settled!

They called me to teach tomorrow, but before I could get back to them they got someone else, so that's a good thing.  They still have another day available for the 25th and I think I'll do that day.  I don't have to let them know until tomorrow.  They had asked me to teach on the 11th, but Lee has a doctor appointment that day and I want to do with him.  Also I need to go with him to the city so we can get some more sorting and moving done.  It all gets complicated, sometimes, but it's all fun, anyway.  We sit and talk over things and it's amazing to me how kind and loving he is.  Tonight I told him, "The more we talk the more I love you; how can that be?"  I thank God for a wonderful, wonderful guy in my life.  All these belonging really don't matter, but we just need to get them arranged so that they work best for us and whoever else we can help by sharing them.

Both of us are worn out and I'm about to miss today if I don't get this posted right quick.  Thanks for keeping up with us.  We are in good shape.  Oh, my!  I sure thank God for Lutie and Joan!  I'll have to get a picture of Lutie the next time he helps us load the freezer to take to Krissy.  He's another angel in my book; he was such a help in unloading!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it home with that pickup load it looks pretty dangerous!

    Y'all both are looking very happy. I'm glad you found what you are looking for.

    Time for me to either go mow the yard or go to bed.....I think I'm going to choose the bed. I'll just wait for the heat of the day for the yard.

    Luv ya

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tied down really good, but we had to stop and re-tie it once. Had to stop and shift a couple of pieces, too. I'm not looking forward to any more deliveries like that one, but we do have to take my freezer to his daughter in the city. They need to be upright when they move, so that makes them pretty clumsy in my opinion. We made it fine, though. There is so much to do to get organized!

      Delete