Friday, August 31, 2012

Grooming day.

You can tell from this pic that I was getting really woolly.  So, I cut my hair today.  It's still in curlers, but I think it's kind of short.  Oh, well.  Lee thought he needed a haircut, too; he usually gets a haircut every two weeks, so I cut his today, too.  I call him Mr. Neat lots of times because he really deserves it.  We loaded the truck with my freezer to go to his daughter and a bunch more stuff to sell at his garage sale in OKC.  We'll leave in the morning and stay in the city for a couple of weeks, so I thought I'd better do haircuts before we leave.

We've told his brother (who is his landlord) that we'll have all his belongings out by the end of September.  That means we've got a lot of work to do in not much time.  We can do it, though.

Bob took this picture for us last night when we all went to eat at the Back Door Steak House.  Notice the dummy snoozing behind us.  The Back Door Steak House is in a little town about 20 miles from here; very interesting place.

I listened to Hobart's football game on the radio tonight and they won big time.  53-0.  It was really cool to listen to hear about lots of guys I've taught since spring break as they played.  I'm going to have to go to the games, now.  It was very exciting to hear about 'my guys' doing such a great job.  I am grateful for the opportunity to get to know these great kids.  Teaching band yesterday made me really want to go see the band perform; I was way impressed and felt blessed to get to watch them practice.  What a great bunch they are!

2 comments:

  1. I love your hands in this picture - they say I really love this person! Happy for you :-)
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Doris! You had a big part in our meeting! Love you!

    ReplyDelete