Friday, August 17, 2012

The plan; get braced this is simple but big!

So, here's the big plan.  Tomorrow I will drive to OKC and meet Lee after he finishes his real estate class.  We'll go to the court house and get a marriage license.  Then on Saturday we'll stand before his preacher and get married.  His brother and sister-in-law will stand up with us.  That's it.  Quick and simple.  We're ready.  All of a sudden it seemed really dumb to be waiting when we know we want to share our lives.  I've been announcing this to folks all day and answering responses.  I'm sure glad we're doing it the simple way.  Man, why anyone ever wants a big wedding I'll just never understand.  I'm so all about simplicity!  In the last year I've lost 9 people who I loved and only three were not surprises.  Even Lee's preacher was going to marry us at 10:30 Saturday morning, but he had a relative pass away and he had to change our wedding to 5, so he could do the service for his relative.  It's just so obvious that life is short and uncertain.  When you know you want to spend time with someone, there is no sense in wasting time, especially at our age!  We pray for a partner and when the partner appears we believe we should say thanks!  THANKS!

I will stay the next week with Lee and we'll be working to sell some of his stuff on Craig's list.  Then Friday and Saturday we will go to his 50th high school reunion.  Then we'll begin to bring some of his stuff to Hobart where we will live.  I need to thin out a bunch of my stuff to make room for his stuff.  Ugh; STUFF!  I hope I never collect another piece of stuff!

Well, I didn't get this posted in time for it to really be today, but it's the post for Thursday, August 16.  Thank you all for your love and support and I thank God for all of you and for Lee.

10 comments:

  1. I'm so excited and happy for both of you "kids"...life really does begin after 60 (Medicare helps a whole lot in my opinion). Congratulations to you both...we all can't wait to meet him in San Antonio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dana. You'll love Lee; he's a really great guy and I'm so blessed to get to spend the rest of my life with him. Love you!

      Delete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Wow! What a surprise!! We are so happy for the both of you and can't wait to meet Lee. He must be really special to win the heart of our sweet Jo! We wish you many many years of happiness, joy and love. Sounds like he is well grounded in the church which is awesome! Love and prayers going out to you both and hope your day is special. Remember every second so you can tell me all about it! Love you and plan on loving Lee too! Linda & Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, and Tom I can hardly wait to introduce you and Lee. I know you will like each other a lot. This year has been hard, but meeting him has turned it around for me. We never have enough time to tell everything, Linda, but you know me . . . I'll give it my best shot! Thanks so much for your love!

      Delete
  3. David and I could NOT be any happier for you and Lee and so glad you found love again and not waiting around .........so true, at our age you have got to go for the gusto while you can and enjoy every minute !! Congratulations ! I loved what Dana said ....Life really does begin at 60 ...
    Looking forward to meeting Lee in SA. See ya'll soon
    Love David and Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, you've held my hand through this courtship and me going around this corner. Thanks so much for your love and support. SA is going to be a wonderful time and I'll sure enjoy introducing all of you and Lee. I think he's in for a treat like he can't imagine. Love you!

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy for you, Jo, and glad that you have found someone to share the good times (bad too as time goes on) with and wish you a continued lifetime of happiness. I will probably never get to meet Lee but I feel as though I know him from your blog so keep in touch...maybe he would like to see WV??? hint, hint! love ya bunches, Donna

    p.s. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Donna. Yes, I think he'd love to see WV, so who knows when we might pop up there. We've got lots of settling to do, but there may well come a trip up there! I'd sure love for you to meet him

      Love you!

      Delete
  5. Man....I don't have internet for 3 days and all of this is happening! lol So happy for you and Lee. Enjoy each day to the fullest. Great to see you smiling again. Love you.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep; that Internet is soooo important, isn't it? You can sure miss a lot! Thank you, Pamela for your love and support. Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete