Thursday, November 8, 2012

Another day subbing.

This is a picture I got of Raynie when we were in OKC a couple of weeks ago.  She looks like a little business woman, doesn't she?  That's her proud mommy smiling in the background.  I am thankful for both Raynie and her mommy in my life.

I'm posting Raynie's picture because mine was so rugged!  I'm crashing after a day of teaching Botany, Zoology, Biology and Art.    I use the term teaching, loosely!  I was only babysitting because I know little about any of those subjects!  I thought I was there to keep anyone from killing anyone else and to keep them from starting fires.  But, in my planning period they asked me to take the art class and, no kidding, the kids were doing wood burning and the place smelled like a fire!  I truly had to be sure they didn't start a real fire, so I may quit joking about that.  Then in the next hour a smart mouthed kid asked me what I'd do if he didn't quit talking and I told him I'd have to beat him up and it would really make him look bad since he's a lot bigger than me.  Thankfully, he  smiled and quit talking.  I thanked him later for not making me kill him and got another smile out of him.  So, it turns out that we were close to a fire in the classroom and I was the one threatening to do the killing.  It sounds hairy, but it was really a good day.  I smiled most of the day and the kids did, too.  I'd like every day to be as fun as today was and most are.  They haven't called me to sub tomorrow, but I need to get up and get ready at 6 in case they call me at the last minute.  If they don't I'll be up in time to get a running start on the day.

I've got the two tables we borrowed from the church for the garage sale cleared.  There are still lots more tables out there, but I'm working my way to a clean garage for the cars.  I thank God for a garage and for abundance in my life in every way.  Little by little I'm getting closer to a settled life.  God is so great!

3 comments:

  1. Sure could be! That must be you, Sissy! He was a smart mouth kid, but it was all said with jest and he got the point. It was a fun day. I was subbing for a teacher who had a sick child. I guess after a day with mommy, she's better; hope so. I'm really ready for a day at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Jo you got that one wrong....it wasn't me but it sure sounded like me!!!!

    Luv ya
    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops; you have someone else traveling incognito with you, Sissy! It did sound like you. Maybe it was Donna; she's wise about teaching! Nobody knows subbing better than you, though.

    ReplyDelete