Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy birthday, Gabe!

Eighteen years ago today it was not Thanksgiving eve; it was the day Gabe was born.  Wow; time sure flies! Today it is Thanksgiving eve and still Gabe's birthday; he's on my list of thanks to God!  What a blessing he is in my life.  Thank you, Gabe, and thank you, God!

Lee and I are about ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow.  The house is pretty livable.  I still have a lot of fine tuning to do, but it's ready enough to clean and have company!  We're thankful that two of his daughters are coming to join us.  We have the food all ready except for what has to be done at the last minute.  Tonight we'll watch the Thunder play ball on TV.  The last two nights we watched Hobart's kids play ball and they sure put on a great show.  The high school girls just lost by a couple of points last night in a barn burner.  Then the boys got even when they won their game by about 12 points after it was a really close game all night.  I am so impressed with our kids!  I thank God for the opportunity to see these kids in a setting other than the classroom.  The classroom is fun, but I really, really love watching them play basketball!

Happy Thanksgiving eve; I hope your Thanksgiving will last for every day and not just tomorrow.  Mine will.

No comments:

Post a Comment