Friday, November 30, 2012

A better picture, PLEASE!

This is a picture I got a couple of weeks ago.  I looked at the picture I posted last night and thought I'd better post something looking alive or you all would worry about me.  Actually, that picture I posted was the best one I got out of about 8 I took yesterday.  Yesterday was a hard day; the kids got the best of me and I was bushed.  The game last night boosted me.  Today was a good day and it was Friday!  We're watching the Thunder beat the Jazz, so I'm feeling good tonight.  I probably look rather weathered, but I'm good.  My contacts were bothering me all day and jumped out as soon as I got home, so I'm wearing glasses to let my eyes rest. The best rest will come when I go to bed!

Phil called me last night to tell me that Ruthie had fallen and he couldn't get her up, so they'd called the ambulance.  She had a bump the size of an ostrich egg on her head and couldn't figure out why she fell, so they took her to the hospital and admitted her.  I just talked to her and they had just come in from the hospital.  They checked her over good and are still waiting for some test results.  They observed her over night, though, and felt like she could go home if she'll take it easy.  I thank God that she didn't break anything.  She's sore, but nothing is broken!  They checked her carotid arteries and they are good.  They did a cat scan of her head and there is no bleeding or swelling within the brain.  Everything is checking out good; she's just going to have to be really careful.  This aging thing is tricky, tricky, tricky!  She and Phil manage to take care of each other, but I believe God is helping, too.  I thank Him and ask Him to keep up the great work!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Well, poor Ruthie!! What else! She and Phil are really having a rough time and I so hate to hear this. Prayers for them. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the truth? But, they are hanging in there, bless their hearts! Thanks for your prayers, Linda!

    ReplyDelete