Tuesday, November 13, 2012

She lives, but they're wearing her thin!

Today I subbed for the band teacher.  That means I spent 4 hours with the elementary kids and 2 outdoor recesses.  They just wear me flat out!  It was a nice sunshiny day, but it was brisk.  The worst thing is that there is no place to sit, so I stand the whole time.  That's hard on an old lady.  It would help if I knew the playground rules, too, but nobody tells me that stuff, so I just wander around.  It's not my comfort zone.  I'd much rather be taking a brisk walk or picking up pecans.  I like going somewhere or doing something; standing still is so tiring!

I'm blessed to have a job and a home to fall into when the day is done.  It's wonderful to have someone here who cares about me.  I am super blessed and I'm going to bed as soon as possible!  I thank God that I had energy to get something done yesterday!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, little sister; here comes the lecture from your big sister you claim you learned from!! You are right, you are blessed to have someone who cares about you at home, so why on earth do you feel like you have to answer every call to go teach at the school?! I know you usually enjoy that, but you surely have learned to savor every moment with Lee, picking up pecans, taking a walk or whatever besides wearing yourself out on the playground with no place to sit and making your back mad at you!!!I know how that works.....that's why I'm sitting here doing repair and feeling the pain you surely felt today. They should appreciate you enough to share the rules of playground...they won't; the more money you make the more you give our irresponsible government and when you really think about it...WHAT FOR??!! I guess everyone will feel sorry for you having such a "mean sister", but I love you and care too much to watch you do this and not say anything! Love you! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you're not mean, but you can see the fatigue that I feel. I really have to teach all they will let me so I can take the winter off to go savor the time with Lee. There is MD Anderson to pay off, too. I love you and appreciate your concern.

    Lots of people around here are sick. The last two teachers that I subbed for were staying home with sick kids. I expect they'll call me every day this week. I'll go if at all possible. (I'm taking all kinds of immune system builders, etc.) I'm comfortable with the middle school, high school and the elementary school, more and more. I really enjoy getting to know the kids and I dream that I can make some kind of positive difference in their lives. Certainly, in general they enrich my life. They are good kids and I don't brag about them, enough. Don't worry; they give more than they take. It's interesting: many teachers are quitting because they hate all the administrative hassles. At least I don't have those. If I get a job teaching full time, I figure I can stomach the administrative hassles for a year or two and the joys of the kids will out weigh those other evils. That's my dream. We'll see if it happens. I'm told that there are 4 middle school teachers who intend to quit this year and a 5th one if she can get another job. So, there may be openings for me; we'll see how this goes. God will lead me and I am completely open to whatever happens. Ruthie, thanks so much for your love and concern. I always love your input! Love you!

    ReplyDelete