Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Great news!

Today they called me to teach algebra, geometry and calculus, again.  I use the term teach, loosely; I just held the fort and the kids did all the work.  I loved the day with them, though.  It wasn't nearly as tiring as yesterday with recesses and standing on my feet all day to actually teach music notes!  After school the 9th and 10th grade English teacher came and asked me if I'd consider teaching long term for her after her baby is born April 15th!  Woohoo!  That's right up my alley!  I'd love to have that job, so I sure hope they call me for it!  It was a compliment that she wanted me to do it, too.  I had those 9th graders last year when I taught quite a bit of English in middle school, so many of those kids are 'my kids!'  I've taught enough at the high school that I'm getting attached to the sophomores, too.  It's a nice thing to look forward to next spring.

The secretary also came and asked me to sub for the other English teacher at the high school this Friday, too.  I may have tomorrow off, but I'll be teaching Friday and more in my league than I've been the last few days!

Now, here's the really great news!  Bob Dwyer called last night to ask us to house sit in Hawaii in January and February!  Now, THAT's great news!  I was able to get tickets using our frequent flyer miles, so that's great news, too!  Frequent flyer miles are trick to use, so I was very pleased to accomplish it!  We'll get to spend about 7 weeks in Hawaii!  I had some time already booked for that time in Branson, but I was able to rearrange it all and put one time up for rent online.  It becomes tricky scheduling to get it all worked out, but I'll get it worked out.  A trip to Hawaii will be so awesome.  Lee has been to Hawaii, but always as a tourist.  It's really fun to go when you can just live there for a spell, so this will be a treat for him and a treat for me to get to share it with him.

I thank God for the way so many things seem to be falling into place.  He blesses me so abundantly!

6 comments:

  1. That's great you and Lee get to go to Hawaii and out of the cold weather! Enjoy! Love you. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know and it's WHALE SEASON! I love it! Love you, too, Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was subbing for an algebra class one time and the kids asked me if I knew anything about algebra or if I was just a sub......so I'm wondering.....if you are just a sub does that mean you can't know anything about algebra?? I told them I was just a sub but I knew a lot about algebra. LOL

    If I Lose some weight do you think I could sneak in your suitcase when you go to Hawaii?????

    Luv ya
    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sissy, I don't know much about any of the stuff these kids are doing, but even less about any algebra!

    You don't have to lose any weight to go to Hawaii with us! Just buy a ticket and join us! We've got room and we'd love to have you there with us! We're going to do lots of whale watching and you don't have to be skinny for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you give me the particulars, where to fly into and out of and what time period would be good for you I will come. I would loved to see Hawaii. If I have my ticket bought I can't back out or procrastinate.

      Luv ya
      Sissy

      Delete
  5. I'm going to send you details by message on FB! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete