Sunday, November 4, 2012

Grandpas are so awesome!

This picture is my brother-in-law, Jerry, playing a game with two of his grandson, Logan and Luke.  This week I'm reminded how awesome grandpas are!  Our friend in Hawaii built a crate to ship the doll house he built for his daughters over 30 years ago to his granddaughter in Vancouver.  He's spent the last month remodeling it for her and then built the crate that he used for shipping into a playhouse for her and her brothers!  Don't you know the memories of that remodel and building will always be a treasure to those grandchildren!  Like Jerry playing games with Logan and Luke; he also played football with them; memories they will all cherish forever.  Kids love it when grandparents make them feel special.  Lee's granddaughter is getting married on the day of my family reunion and we'll miss the reunion but we won't miss the wedding.  Priorities are important and sometimes they are hard to keep straight.  We'll make the reunion next year if at all possible, but I pray that this will be her only wedding day and it's important that her grandpa be there.

I'm spending this afternoon shopping at my garage sale.  This is my last chance to keep anything that is out there.  I'm boxing the rest up to donate.  I took a break to come in here and get this blog posted.  It will be good to see the wide open garage again!

I thank God for grandpas:  I had two who were also awesome and I treasure the memories.  I thank Him also for grandchildren and even borrowed grandchildren!  When we were in Houston I needed to get some stairs into my daily exercise, so I made a few trips up to that game room you see in the picture on tonight's pose..  Logan went with me and he thought it was so cool that I was just going up and down the stairs.  We'd get down to the bottom and he'd say, "Let's do again!  It'll be cool!"  Bless his heart; a memory for ME to treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment