Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy birthday to my baby, Jilly!

Well, she turned 40 today, but she'll always be my baby.  I got this picture of her when we were there about 3 weeks ago.  Bless her heart; she my be my baby, but she's a gorilla whenever she has to be.  She takes care of business!  Happy birthday, Jilly!  (I know it's confusing, but Jilly is also Gretta; her name is Gretta Jill and I always called her Jilly when I was cheering her on the basketball court.  She was a great player and the name stuck!  :)

We had a quiet day around the house today.  I'm working gently to get the garage sale stuff packed to donate.  There is no big rush.  I want to get the cars into the garage, but there's no big rush.  I'm ready to take it a little easy.  I get a little done here and there and that's good enough.

I thank God for a time to relax and not be so rushed.  It seems like we've been in a rush since we got married.  I cooked chicken today and that was nice.  We've been just eating whatever we could throw onto the table or TV tray when the table was packed.  It's nice to cook a real meal.

I changed our sheets; it will be nice to have a cool, clean bed to fall into tonight.  Ah; we are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment