Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Happy birthday, Ruthie!

This is a picture I got of Ruthie when I was there back in May, I think.  She's been my big sister all my life and I count it as a huge blessing!  She taught me lots of what I know and I continue to learn from her.  She is hanging really tough through Phil's recovery.  They spent the day testing him yesterday and he seems to be holding his own.  I count him as another blessing; he's been in my life since I was 12, so that's most of my life!  Thank you for your prayers for them; so far, so good.  They are hanging really tough.  I thank God for Ruthie in my life and I thank Him and her for bringing Phil into my life, too.  He is the rest of Ruthie and they sure bless me.

We had another kind of easy day.  I've just been putzing around cleaning up here and there and putting things together.  The spring on the garage door broke today, so I guess it's a good thing we didn't have the cars in there yet.  It's still full of garage sale stuff!  The guy will come and fix it tomorrow, I hope.  I'm subbing tomorrow.  I won't be teaching because I'm subbing for the algebra/geometry teacher.  I might foul out if I had to count to ten, so I only promised to keep the peace.  A dear friend at church passed away Sunday morning, and I'm subbing for his niece so she can go to his funeral.  It's probably better that I don't go.  It's hard when it's someone so close!  His wife will understand that I'm not there.

I actually sat down a bit to watch the Thunder play ball tonight.  Thankfully they are winning!

4 comments:

  1. Ruthie, Happy Birthday....you only think this is late but I haven't been to bed yet so it is still your birthday. Hope you had a good day. Thinking and praying for you and Phil

    Luv you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthie, my bet it that was Sissy because she stays up all hours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops I forgot I was anonymous, you're right Jo it was Sissy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when I recognize you, Sissy!

    ReplyDelete