Monday, November 19, 2012

Holy canasta!

I'm HOOKED!  The kids I teach are right in the middle of basketball season and I love basketball.  I learned that they had games tonight, so I went at 4:30 and just got home.  The junior high girls played and then the junior high boys.  Then the 9th grade girls played.  All of them lost but they all  hustled hard and played giving it their all; I was so proud.  Then the 9th grade boys played and we nearly raised the roof screaming for them!  They led most of the game and then got about 6 points behind in the last quarter.  But, they rallied and  claimed the game after all and won it 44 to 42.  I must never miss another game!  This was too much fun and it's really so important for me to see the kids in all their elements if at all possible.  I loved every moment of watching them play.  I thank God for a bunch of home games and kids that play with all their hearts!  Tomorrow night the high school girls and boys play, so I'll be there.  It was a great date for Lee and I!  We sat with Dorothy and another lady from church.  What a great night.

Today I had a good day at school, too.  I helped with the testing for the first half of the day and then subbed for the home ec. teacher after lunch.  I'm having more and more fun.  I'm really enjoying all the different classes.  Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment