Sunday, November 11, 2012

Happy Veterans' Day!

I wore red today to celebrate Veterans' Day.  I love coming from a military family.  My Dad took us to Japan twice.  My brother was in the Air Force and was able to get stationed at the same base where we were in Japan the second time.  My sister met her husband in Japan that second time when we were there.  I feel so blessed to have had the military brat experience.  I think it's one of the best things that ever happened in my life and helped to train me very well for life.  I thank all the veterans and honor them every day and especially today.

We worked in the garage today and got the very last of everything ready for Searchlight to come and pick up all that is left (enough to have a whole other sale, but I am so done with sales; it's time to donate!).  It looks so much better out there tonight.  I'll love putting the vans in there tomorrow.  I'm not sure Lee's truck will ever fit in there (too long), but it's never lived inside, so I guess it won't be the end of the world.  I've reminded myself so much of Don's Dad.  When we first moved into this house we put his car in the driveway and filled up the garage with our stuff.  He could not rest with his car in the driveway!  We finally cleared out enough space to put his car inside and he was okay.  I've been nearly as restless as he was about leaving the cars outside . . . I wonder if I'm getting Alzheimer's???!!!  I think not, but if I could just be as kind and wise as Don's dad was, I'd be so pleased.  Maybe I'm going in the right direction if I know to get my car in the garage.

I've been blessed to have many precious people to influence me in my life.  Today I'm especially grateful for the Veterans I've know and especially for their service to our country!

No comments:

Post a Comment