Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Plan C.

I really ought to get everyone to stand in a group and get a good pic of everyone, but I settle for some here and there.  This is Heather with Luke and Logan and Jerry in the background.  Last night was a fun night of visiting; I'm so glad the kids could come and spend some time with us!

Now, here's what I know about plan C.  I will be taking Xeloda, which is a pill form of chemotherapy.  I read about it on the Internet and it sounds pretty hairy.  Death by breast cancer is pretty hairy for sure, so I'm willing to go with the Xeloda to see if it can help us to stop this cancer.  It has some side effects that need to be closely watched by an oncologist, so the oncologist at MD Anderson is turning me over to my oncologist, here in Lawton.  This is good because I only have to go an hour for check ups.  I will still be checking in at MD Anderson from time to time, but for this particular treatment I will be primarily in Lawton.  If this treatment doesn't work, there are still more things to do after this.  I'm grateful that we are not at the end of the road.  I am grateful that I have good doctors here, in Houston and in Branson.  It's good to be able to still travel.  I just hope I feel like traveling!  Right now I'm about traveled to a nub.  We got up at 6:30 this morning to drive into Houston and we've been driving ever since, it seems.  Lee and I are both really tired.

We came home to find a Thunder game on, but I'm going to have to leave this one to them to do on their own.  I'll be really proud if they win, but I've got to get a bath and get to bed.

We decided to come on home today because I was able to make an appointment with the oncologist in Lawton on Thursday.  We thought it would be good to have a day of rest between getting home and going to Lawton.  Plus, Jerry woke up sick this morning, so we thought we should get out from under their feet, plus get out of there before we caught whatever bug he had.  I sure hope his was just a 24 hour bug that nobody else caught when we were all visiting Tuesday night!  It's wonderful to feel at home when we're away from home, but it's always so sweet to come home.  I thank God for home and the concept of families!

No comments:

Post a Comment