Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I Had to Cry "Uncle!"

The other day when we took pix of the herons I got this one of the nests.  That one in the top nest is interesting.  When I zoomed in I realized that that heron has it's rump up and it's head down.  I wonder if an egg has hatched and she's actually feeding it?  What fun to watch these herons!

Last night I went to bed thinking I could finish this round of  Xeloda.  However, at 3:30 a.m. I woke up to use the bathroom and could barely get in there and back to bed.  Then the pain was so bad that I was awake for another couple of hours.  I had plenty of time to decide that today was a good day to stop this round and start the week of rest from it.  I took 2 Ibuprofen this morning and that helped me to make it through the day.  I will test in the morning and then be done for the week.  Once that Ibuprofen wore off the pain spiked, again.  My hands don't hurt as much as my feet do, but buttoning my clothes has become a real trick.  It was even tricky to put on make up this morning.  I need help to get a lid off a jar or to get the top off of one of those cans with a ring that pulls open the can.  I sure hope taking a week off will make me feel better enough to go back onto the Xeloda because it was obviously working on the cancer because the pain in my forehead and side are gone.  I thank God that the docs are working with me to discover what dosage is enough to keep ahead of the cancer but not so much that the side effects are intolerable.

This is how it goes in the life of someone with breast cancer metastasis.  I can do this!  God will help and all your support will help, too.  Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you that you are suffering these severe side effects but you have such a positive attitude and I know you are an inspiration to others. Love, prayers, and positive thoughts to you always, Donna

    p.s. I love the pictures of the birds and your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Donna for your love, prayers and positive thoughts! I'm so much better today! I could live with this much pain if need be, but it's nice to be better and better. So glad you like the birds and flowers; they light up my life and I'm so grateful for them.

      It sounds like Brenna has a great year going for her softball! I know you are so proud of her in every way!

      Love you,

      Jo

      Delete