Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Remember These Flowers?

This is a pic I got on April 1.  Today is April 22 and my first 2 irises bloomed!  By tomorrow there will be quite a few in bloom I think.  I can hardly wait to cut some and bring them inside. I should have taken pix of all the stalks that are ready to bloom.  I'll get some good pix tomorrow.  I don't think they'll all open tomorrow, but it will be magical out there, I'm sure.  I am so excited.  Even Lee can't believe how many stalks are out there ready to bloom!  I thank God for a bumper crop year.  The last few years have been kind of bleak because of the draughts and hail storms.  I sure hope that hail doesn't shred them this year!

Today I got a good nap, so I'm not having any trouble holding up my head.  I feel really good.  The chemo pills are not having any side effects that I can notice; I realize some side effects don't happen immediately, but they start to have an effect after they build up in the body.  I'm drinking tons of water in an effort to keep them flushed through my body.  I sure pray that they are doing their job on the cancer cells!

I am so grateful to not be nauseous!  I really think if that were going to happen it would have, already.  This was my 6th full day of chemo and I go 14 days before I take a week off from it.  I go this Thursday to Lawton to have an MRI of the brain done and I will also meet the doctor who will see me in Lawton when my doctor is out of the office.  (He travels some and won't always be there when I need to see someone, so it's good to get acquainted with the doctor who I will see when he's gone.)  She will check me to be sure I'm tolerating this chemo okay.  I will keep you all posted on how I feel and what the doctors report as I see them.

Thank you all for caring enough to read this blog and keep me in your thoughts and prayers.  I love you all.

4 comments:

  1. So glad your treatment is easy on you and I pray it stays that way and that your tests are encouraging. I truly believe your positive attitude has so much to do with your health. Can't wait to see your iris pics. I have hundreds of pink and red rose blossoms in the back. I think the cool spring made a difference. Love you :-) Doris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good to hear from you, Doris. You've been such a blessing as long as I've known you, but especially since the breast cancer journey began. You've helped me to keep my attitude positive. I could never have made it without you, especially after we lost Don. Thank you so much; what a wonderful sister you are! Love you!

      Delete
  2. You look great and I, too, am so happy you haven't experienced any side effects. Keep you in my thoughts and prayers often!

    Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Donna, thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers and thoughts! I am so thrilled to not be suffering side effects. I realize they could come later, but I'm doing my best to enjoy every moment that I have none! God is good and I trust Him to know how much I can take. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete