Thursday, December 20, 2007

5 more days till Christmas; 10 more days till Branson!


Today I got some of my work done for the business taxes. I think it’s coming along pretty well. It’s frustrating because I hate these kinds of details. Don keeps working with me to help me be better organized; what a job he has! I’m getting better at it, though. He took a picture today and that’s the first one on the blog.

I’ve got lots of hair coming back, but it’s not enough to warm me, yet. I thought it was all white, but I think there is some that is light brown. It’s hard to see very well. Soon I’ll do another picture so you can see the hair better, I hope. For now you see that I was wearing 5 hats today; two little sleep caps, a baseball cap and two more. I feel so silly, but then I don’t care because the hats really help. Then I have a hot flash and have to peel them off. What a hoot. I could never manage pulling a wig off and on!

The second picture on the blog is Elena having fun at the table after we got through eating. She loved peek-a-boo with the napkin. I thought how funny it is that kids never tire of pee-a-boo, and then I realized neither do us old folks! What a cool game.

God is great to teach us to enjoy simple things; I wish we would be satisfied with simple joys and not need so many complicated entertainments. The simple things are great to me! Elena and I had the most fun just swinging. I’d swing her around and she didn’t want to stop. We sat down and read a book to distract her and she loved that, too. I didn’t want to stop swinging, either, but my knees insisted!

I say I like simple joys, but I need the digital camera and this computer and an Internet connection. Ha! Past that and it’s too complicated for me.

I thank God for all the joys in life. I pray that I can give Him glory with my life. Thank you for keeping an eye on me. I feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment