Friday, December 7, 2007

Another bath day.


Today has been so much better. Yesterday I woke up feeling like I’d been run over by a train, but today I woke up fine. I’ve felt draggy, but able to hold a book. I even did some laundry and made some phone calls to arrange for housing in Houston. I even did the deep bubble bath again and had Don take pictures, hoping we’d do a better job this time. He’s so silly, I was telling him to be careful that the bubbles were covering me and he said, “Who cares?” So, I was cracking up in the pictures. It’s the best we could do today. Otherwise, I could take pictures of my toenails hanging by the cuticles. ICK. Dana, this is probably as good as the bath pictures will get. One was very out of focus; one cut off the top of my head and one had a boob and my hip hanging out. UGH! I tried the Whoopie Goldberg stance and that was the one that had too many parts revealed. I can only be so much of a sport about this.

This the 4th day after treatment and I’m doing well. The 4th day after my next treatment we should be driving to Branson. I thank God that the 4th day seems to be a good day! I’ll pack early and be ready to go early on that day on the 30th. I can hardly wait for that treat!

Yesterday was such a fun day as far as notes on the blog go. I got more emails, too. I never realized how inspiring bath pictures would be. You people are so encouraging! I thank God for you and the way you’ve blessed my life and this challenging journey. Thanks so much for going with us and holding our hands.

8 comments:

  1. MaryJo.....
    OMgosh..do you realize just how beautiful these two pictures are? Mike is without a computer, and has been for a long time..but he really needs to see these. I'm going to email them to Charlotte and she will show him. I honestly think they are works of art. I'm thinking you like the changes too...I'm giggling about your attempt to do the Whoopi positon...funny stuff. and thank you for doing them again. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Careful with those bubbles or China really will have a reason to censor your blog!

    Seriously, it's great to see you relaxing in a bath. A nice bubble bath is one of the very best things in all the world!

    Love,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wore my red yesterday! Reading your blog gives me inspiration in my relationship with others who are struggling with heath issues. Fefore I wrote a note to one of my friends this morning, I read your comments first. Thank you for bring me into your cirlce of joy and thanksgiving. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom -
    Isn't it nice to get notes from Donna and Rene? They really are strong and so inspiring, and truly just beautiful people! Garrett gasped at your picc line picture, but he had shots this week which he worked himself up into a HUGE panic attack over and then did fine once it was over, then when he saw your pictures he said, "now that would REALLY make me panic"!

    We can't wait to see you in Branson! I think Joe is even a bit excited!

    I can't wait to move to Lexington! I'm already starting to pack boxes, and I'm just so excited that Joe will be home EVERY DAY! WOW! This year with you being better, and Joe being home I won't know what to do with myself without anything to worry about! It will be fun to be able to leave the dogs and travel again! OKlahoma and West Virginia are my first stops! :)

    Counting the days to give you hugs in Branson!!! Love you!
    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana, I think you've lost a nut or a bolt, but I love it when you write. I hate that Mike is without a computer; he should see his Santa work on my 'Christmas table.'

    I'm anxious to see what changes you make; I know it can't hurt!

    Doing the Whoopie position was a real hoot. You should try it; it's a good way to drown, so be ready! Whoopi is a clown; I must be an idiot to do this stuff!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trish, isn't that the truth about China and the censoring! Ha!

    I'm bringing bubbles to Branson and we'll have two whirlpools there, so the girls and you and I can relax, relax!

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my goodness, Ann! What a kind thing to say. You honor me more than I deserve, but I'm so glad if I can encourage you to encourage others. I'm so proud of you for joining me with wearing red on Fridays, too! It's such a simple thing to do to let the troops know that we support and appreciate them.

    You and Jim are people on my treasured list; thank you for being the kind of people who just can't be beat. You've sure been there at important times in my life!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Jilly, you're so right. It's really good to hear from Donna and Rene. I'm so proud of the great moms they both are. It's wonderful to have their examples from which to draw strength. And what about that little precious Kailan? Tell Garrett SHE had a PICC line when she was just 4!

    He'll be fine about facing whatever he has to face. Panic attacks don't avoid anything; they only make it worse. He'll learn that and turn into a brick as he matures, I think. He's stronger than he thinks, now and displays it a lot.

    Tell Joe this will be the last meeting of the bald club because I'm going to be growing hair after this last treatment. Maybe I'll shave it sometime to support someone. It's been interesting and I don't mind being bald. I'm just not crazy about being COLD. I think the cold may be a chemo thermostat from within more than the lack of hair, though. I don't see real bald people wearing 4 or 5 hats. That's got to be a chemo thing. We can start a new club; the "YEAH, Joe's home every night club!"

    Love and counting the days with you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete