Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!


Christmas is nearly here! When we were growing up we used to open presents on Christmas Eve. I understand that’s a European thing? I think we just thought Santa had to start early to get done, so he started at our house. Who knows why, but it was a fun thing; I remember that!

This year Christmas started yesterday when a package came from Dot and Frazier’s daughter. You met Dot and Frazier on the blog a couple of months ago. They are folks who live near my sister and Dot posts encouraging words from time to time on the blog. Frazier has the biggest smile in the world because he has Dot to brighten his life, I think. Jane, their daughter has recently moved from Indiana and she brightens both their lives. Now, she’s brightening MINE! She recalled Dot telling her about me enjoying the birds nesting in the wreath on our door, so when she saw a picture of a bird watching over a nest full of eggs at a pretty cottage window, she bought the picture and sent it to me! Can you believe it? She wrote a wonderful letter, too. I think special people just can’t stop with themselves; they have to keep breeding special! I think Jane must be as special as her mom and dad! Anyway, I had the perfect place for the picture. It’s right above my laptop. I wish the picture would show up better, but you get the idea. It looks great in my little corner as you see it on the blog tonight.

"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" - which means, "God with us." Matthew 1:23 (NIV). While we were not in Bethlehem that night, He is with us today - and always. I believe that and it keeps me going. I believe that God is with us through people like Jane and Dot and Frazier, as well as doctors and family. God can be with us in any way that He chooses. I don’t care how He does it; I just thank Him for being with me no matter where I go and I pray that He will use me to give Him glory as He has others in my life.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Jo,

    You are so right....Jane is as special as her Mom and Dad; how could she not be?!! I feel so blessed to have them in my corner of the world, and I know you do too! It looks like you found the perfect spot for the picture, and what a nice remembrance of the days you watched the little bird nest and shared it with all of us! I am so looking forward to the day you are well again and a "cancer survivor", but what will we all do in the evening without your blog?!! It's been so neat to go along with you on this journey as you've kept us all informed and never failed to glorify God! You are so awesome!! Merry Christmas "Little One"!!

    Love you!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. What will I do in the evening without writing the blog??? I hadn't thought of that. It feels like it's part of me to write the blog.

    I think I'll always be a cancer fighter. I look forward to the day that I have the energy for it! HA! I think my energy will pick up as soon as I finish the radiation. I'm looking forward to THAT day, for sure. I'm going to put on the kangoo-jumps and jump! I sure can't jump without them!

    You make me feel like someone in a book when you call me "Little One." I read a book somewhere along the line where they used that for someone's pet name. I think Charlie Clark called me that a time or two; he is so tall, you know. I used to be little; now I'm just short. I hope to be little again after I can get all these chemicals out of my body.

    I'm as anxious to be chemical free as I am to be cancer free! I think either one of them can kill me and I'm not done with living. I love you and everyone who has been so supportive through this. I still need the support, so I'm sure keeping everyone informed so they'll know I need them.

    When I look at what this chemo has done to my fingernails and toenails I wonder how the inside of my body looks! I've read that they have to get you as close to death as possible without killing you to kill the cancer. I look at my nails and believe that. I would take a picture for the blog, but they look so bad! Maybe I'll get the nerve to do that because someone may need it for support some day.

    I'm so glad to be walking and doing really well. Stop worrying about me in Branson; I'll do just fine. When I crash, I'll crash, but I'll be back in a bit. it'll be fun!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete