Sunday, December 9, 2007

I insist; this is hair!


I know this is not very exciting to anyone but me, but I’m pretty excited to see this hair and to be able to show it to you! I know this isn’t enough hair to make a hairstyle, but it might be enough to WARM me! It reminds me of stuff we used to find in my mom’s refrigerator; you know just hairy stuff that nobody could identify. Well, that’s really me under that fuzz! I cropped the eyes off because they are green and that was just TOO much like something in Mom’s fridge: green and fuzzy!

Today we are frozen in the house; it’s just as well because we weren’t going anywhere anyway. We’re avoiding cooties until the 26th, my next chemo date. I pray that we can keep our power. If we lose power we’ll go out to Dorothy and David’s house; they have a couple of gas heaters, so we won’t freeze.

I’m wearing a thick cotton (like a towel) nightshirt and this red blanket wrap that I wear most days, and I’m still freezing. It’s warm in the house, but I can’t convince my body of that. My Natural Habitat cap and a baseball cap do a pretty good job on my head. If it really got cold for real I’d be in trouble. I’m going to heat up a couple of rice buddies and see if I can’t convince my body that it’s warm. It’s so very nice not to have to fool with the PICC Line! God is so good to me. He knew just how much of that I could take and then He relieved me of it. It’s so nice to be able to take a nice warm bath. I couldn’t wear this thick nightshirt with the PICC Line, either. It’s so nice to not be babying that thing. I’m ready to baby a baby and can hardly wait until we can get together with our two newest babies in Branson! God has a treat in store for us! Branson is wonderful in the winter and we’ll have the best time because we’ll have over half our grandkids and two of the girls with us! Woo Hoo! I thank God for blessing us so richly!

4 comments:

  1. Relax MaryJo...I see it...its clearly hair. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Dana! Thanks for the encouragement. I thought I was growing the soft side of velcro on my head, but nothing would stick to it! I'm surprised you don't see this picture as a work of art. I should have included the eyes, I guess . . . nope, it was too icky. I'm relaxed; thanks for seeing my fantasy with me. :)

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jo, Sure you have hair growing and that is exciting. It is strange that I never thought anything about hair keeping one warm. But you have come through that ok as you do everything that happens to you. You are TOUGH!! God knows you are and can take whatever happens as long as you have the Faith you have in Him. GOD IS SO GOOD! Now we are getting report of winter weather your way. Sure hope it doesn't get too bad. It was 72 degree Sat. and in the 60's Sunday and about 45 now. This weather is sure strange. We have had such downpours of rain. We sure are enjoying Janie being here with us. She has the place lit up all over and she gets up really early and walks and then decorates and ever morning I see things she puts up. Bless her heart. We are all looking forward to all our Children, Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren come in Xmas week. Just Pray that everyone stays well and can have safe travels. Take care and this will all be over and you can really celebrate then. You are a Trooper!!
    With our Love and Prayers
    Dot, Frazier and Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dot, It's so good to hear from you all and know that you are sure enjoying Janie being there and spreading her cheer. It's great to have her now, but she'll be this much fun all year round! What a blessing for all of you. I know she's enjoying it, too!

    We are doing fine with the weather. It's worse in OKC and Tulsa. The pictures you're seeing on TV are those areas. We are blessed to get off easy this time. God is good and sure does know how much we can take!

    I think it's so awesome that he even has the hairs on my head numbered! How cool is that? It's a really big deal to me and no way I could count them, but He knows and he's in charge. I gain such encouragement by that concept!

    Love you all,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete