Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The housekeeping angel, Angela!


Today’s picture is my precious angel housekeeper, Angela. Isn’t she beautiful? She looks like an actress who plays on the TV show, ‘Life’ that is on Monday nights. We don’t watch it, but I’ve seen the commercials and she really looks like her, I think. Maybe you’ve seen the show and think so, too. Angela came today and blessed our house and our life. I’d be in such trouble without her. She is such a dear and does such a great job. Thank you, Linda, for encouraging me to hire her! This is how Angela looks cleaning house; she didn't fix up. She simply smiled. I love her!

Today has been a good day for me. I’ve been up all day except for a while that I lay down to rest a bit. I love it when I’m able to feel good for all day. Well, actually, I dusted around the computer (I dust that because we have so many loose papers that we don’t dare let anyone move) and the piano (I dust that because we’ve had it since I was 9 and the keys are still white because we don’t put ANYTHING on them, so it’s a kink I have.). I cleaned those two areas and felt like I’d worked all day. I had to lie down! I told Don that Angela comes and CLEANS the whole house in 5 hours and I clean two little areas and crash. She’s so amazing and such a lifesaver to me!

I thank God that I could get up and dust even those two areas. I thank Him for the piano because Don would love for it to live somewhere else. (He’s scared he’ll have to move it again, and I never play when he can hear so he thinks it’s not used. I play around on it when he goes to get the mail or when he mows or something. I don’t really play; I just fool with it, so I never play when anyone can hear, but I love it.) I thank Him for the computer and the Internet because it allows me to keep in touch with you all. If I had to depend on snail mail I know that I’d lose a lot of you and that’s a terrible thought. We have been so blessed in so many ways and I thank God for those blessings.

About 700,000 homes in Oklahoma have been without power this week and most still are without it! I pray for these people to have strength and find a warm place to be. I feel guilty to have a whole warm house; I’d love to share it but everyone around here has power. We have had 15 deaths in the state due to the ice storm. I know that Missouri and Kansas are in similar shape from this same storm. I don’t know how to deal with these kinds of traumas except to count the good that we can see and give thanks for it. Look around for all the good in our lives and join me in thanks and praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment