Friday, December 21, 2007

Enjoying the memories of a great visit.


The pictures on the blog today are from Tuesday when Gretta and Elena visited. The first one is the three of us taking a nap in the loveseat. Elena is in there under the quilts Gretta is holding. We started out reading, but she dropped her magazine and I dropped my book. Rest is good. The second one is Dolly Elena playing the napkin game at lunch. We had so much fun. I can hardly wait until we get together in Branson with Trish and all her kids.

My big toenails are about half gone. I keep cutting them back to keep them from catching on the covers, socks, etc. They look really goofy, but I can see the healthy nail bed sticking out about halfway; this is a new thing for me. I’ve never lost a nail. I’ve trimmed all my fingernails back so short I can’t believe it. The doctor said I won’t lose any of them, but I wonder about 3 on each hand that look so suspicious. I guess he knows. Anyway, this is a new experience for me having nubs for fingers. I can’t even pick up a fork. I rake things off the counter or table and catch them with the other hand. I wonder how people who bite their fingernails function! I feel disabled. However, it is kind of fun to type and play the piano with no nails clicking. I wonder if I’ll wear calluses on the ends of my fingers? I think I’ll never wear them very long, again. I like short, but I need some nail for tools! This is part of the interesting journey I’m making. My fingers and toes still hurt from the neuropathy, but it is much better. They used to hurt at level 8 on a scale of 1-10 and they are down to 4. That’s great!

I thank God for relieving the neuropathy pain and for the healing of my toenails and fingernails. I thank Him for so many blessings in our lives.

I haven’t sent a single Christmas card. The last several years we have traveled for Christmas and sending out Christmas cards was too big a job to attempt. We were home this year, but it was still too big a job to undertake because it was too hard to write. Plus I’ve been too confused with the chemo brain to take on such a project. I hope most people we love are reading the blog and will read right here that we wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year! God bless you all; give Him all the Glory!

2 comments:

  1. Jo,

    I can't wait to be in Branson with all of you either....will be so much fun to see all the little ones and their antics! You say you may never want your nails long again, but remember you said you didn't care about hair, but you are ready to have it again! Isn't it great it's a woman's perogative to change her mind??!! I'm just so proud of you that you have managed so well with whatever cards you've been dealt....you are a real trooper!

    Love you,
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthie, Branson is going to be so much fun! I'm so glad you and Phil are willing to plan to come; I sure hope you can stay healthy. Be so careful not to fall or catch a bug that will lay you flat!

    Fingernails, hair . . . whatever! God will give me whate I need. It's so sweet of Him to let me change my mind; ha! He knows I'll have whatever He wants me to have, and I'll be good with it. He's been so generous to me all my life, so I can only say THANKS!

    Thanks for being such a great support for me all my life. Whenever I've hit a snag you were always there to pull me through.

    I love you!

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete