Monday, December 3, 2007

Rejoice with me! FAC #3 DONE and PICC GONE!

The picture on the blog is me headed for the FAC #3 this morning.

What a big day! The bottom line is this. I got the chemo treatment! The rest is that the PICC line is GONE! It had a blood clot in it, so it wasn’t flushing right. They didn’t know it had the blood clot until they took it out, but they knew they couldn’t do the chemo with the PICC not flushing right. They did the first part at the hospital, but they couldn’t hook me up to the pump with the PICC not working right. It’s a good thing; I sure didn’t need a blood clot running loose in my body! I am so thrilled to have it GONE! I only have one more treatment, so we can dig for veins for that one. It’ll save me a month of putting up with the PICC! I am so thanking God for seeing to these details and taking care of me by having that blood clot hang onto the line and not break loose!

I am so tired! We just got home about an hour ago and I’ve had some phone calls to make and everything to put away from our Wal-Mart trip. While my blood is good we’re going to breakfast at the Kozy Diner in the morning.

The doctor looked at my toes and fingernails today and said that my fingernails will survive, because they have new ones about half way grown out. He said I will lose the two big toe nails and they are both infected underneath. I thought maybe it was a fungal infection, but he said, “No, it’s an infection the chemo causes.” That explains why my toes have hurt so badly. He gave me a prescription for Cipro and I started taking it tonight. I’m seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, Gene!

I get to take a bath tonight without wrapping my arm, and holding it up out of the water, and I get to walk with Don tomorrow and SWEAT! How un-lady-like, but I can’t wait! I may only have the energy to make it 3 blocks, but I’ll love it! He can drag me home, or I’ll sit and wait while he goes to get the car. Whatever, I’m walking tomorrow! I might even hoe some weeds! Ye Haw! I feel free! PTL!


No comments:

Post a Comment