Saturday, December 8, 2007

Baldhead with HAIR?

Nobody is going to believe this. Don laughs every time I tell him. There is hair growing on my head! I don’t get it. I’m 3 treatments into FAC and have one more to go. Ever since I finished the Taxol I’ve been thinking my hair is growing. But, I kept thinking, “Well, maybe, but the FAC will make it fall out again.” It hasn’t, yet. I’ve lost all my eyebrows and lashes and all the peach fuzz on my face, but I’m sure the hair on my head is growing. I feel of it every now and then and insist, “There’s a lot of hair there.” Don busts out laughing. Here I am bald as a baby and I think I have hair. Everything is relative! Just a few weeks ago I was a slippery, shiny baldhead! I’m telling you there is a rug on my head, now. Not a wig, but it feels like a rug. It’s white and it’s curly. It’s not stubby; it’s growing in bends, I think. I know this is funny, but it’s true. It’s not thick, but there is a lot. I think it’s the tough white hair that was the last to fall out with Taxol. It was curly, too. It’s not enough to warm me, so I’m still wearing hats, but it’s going to be interesting to watch. Now, if it all falls out next week, I will have spoken too soon. We’ll see. Don gets such a kick out of me thinking I have hair! He gets precious little entertainment these days, so it’s good for him to get a good laugh. He used to get a kick out of me trimming my hair every day or two; now he laughs because I think I have a lot.

Today I put a dried flower arrangement beside Elena’s picture and replaced one with her blue eyes and bow picture. I put out a picture of her big brother Garrett and Gabe to enjoy the sink with me. Garrett and Gabe are an inseparable pair to have 3 states between them. These pictures sit on the bar just above my kitchen sink so I see them a lot. I don’t have room for all 15 grandkids there, but it’s a favorite spot. Now that I have an angel dusting for me, I’m putting more pictures out to enjoy! I put some more in the living room, today. I’m going to get some good pictures of Nate when we get to Branson, and I’m on the hunt for more of the others!

The picture on the blog today is me snuggling up to the pictures on the bar. Those old dried flowers will get us by through Christmas. Then we’ll be leaving for Branson and soon after that we’ll be leaving for Houston. THEN there will be flowers galore in the yard that I can cut and bring inside. Time flies; I don’t want to wish life away, but I’ll enjoy the flowers. I’ll enjoy the summer with the kids, too! God has blessed us with precious and healthy and happy grandkids! Thank you, God!


No comments:

Post a Comment