Wednesday, December 26, 2007

DONE, DONE, DONE with chemo!!!

Final FAC is DONE!!! We were so excited to be DONE with this aspect of the treatment! Now, we can move onto the next phase, surgery and then radiation. My mom did surgery and radiation, so I know I can. This chemo ‘animal’ was a new one for me. I can handle whatever it does to me in the next month until I have surgery.

I was so thrilled when they told me my numbers were good this morning! It’s been a celebration all day. Ha! Actually, we didn’t get to celebrate because all our friends are either sick or out of town. So, we celebrated at home with the last of a batch of chili. That was good because the chemo has started the inward freeze going for me.

The picture on the blog is me resting awhile ago as I work on a blanket for Raynie. It’s her rainbow blanket. I don’t want her to grow up feeling like rain to us, although rain around Oklahoma is a real blessing. This is primarily an agricultural state, so we desperately need the rain. With rain comes a precious rainbow, though, so I want this blanket for Raynie. I think I can get it done before we get to Branson. I haven’t been able to sew anything too difficult with the neuropathy, but this isn’t too difficult. I had other fabric to make a quilt for her, but quilting requires more nimble fingers that neuropathy affords. That quilt can become Sadie’s replacement quilt; somehow her baby blanket got lost. She’s 10, so she won’t mind waiting until my fingers are better. It’s a keepsake, now and something she can share with her babies.

I’m very tired and cold, so I’m headed to bed. I thank God for rice buddies who are warming my bed as I type. I thank Him for a safe trip today and for the easiest vein find, EVER! The treatment went so well. I slept through an hour and a half of it! God is treating me so gently and generously and I so appreciate it. Turn your troubles over to Him! Thank you for caring for. Things look good from here.


8 comments:

  1. Wonderful news about your receiving the last chemo treatment. No doubt you are well done turkey! Now it is a countdown to Branson. Love, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Ann! I am a well done turkey; if there are any parts not done, I'm sure they'll be sure to crisp them when they hit me with the radiation, huh?

    3 more days until we leave for Branson! Yee Haw! I sure hope I can get the dragging days done by then!

    Love you and Happy New Year!

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats some kind of record isn't it MJ....3 hats and a wool cap? dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, that may be a record for the blog, but I often wear 5 hats and a scarf on top off all that. This chemo really freezes me from the inside out. I'm so glad this is the last treatment! I'm dragging these rice buddies aroudn and wearing 4 hats and a scarf, plus wrapped in a blanket. What a trip! I'm sure I have a lot more to learn, but I know all I want to know about chemo! HA!

    I'm headed to the cocoon; I'm freezing here at the computer.

    Love you,

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Jo & Don!! Hooray!! Wonderful news--you received your last chemo treatment! So, it will be easier days ahead for you--cold-wise that is, I hope. Have a really wonderful time in Branson and safe travels. I know all those grandchildren will warm you up! Happy New Year as I know it will be. Love and stuff, Linda R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo, I know you get lots of congratulations on your graduation from Chemo and why not. You are so deserving! You were so patient while waiting till your numbers were good and knowing He Knows Just What You Need. I love that song, He Knows just what I need. I feel like he really does and helps us accept it. I was so happy to hear from Ruthie about you getting your treatment. We were Yipping and Yahooing back and forth. ha Thanks for the comments about Jane and also me and Frazier. Jane deserves it but I don't. I wish I could be what I wish I could be! Does that make sense?? I am looking forward to your Branston trip and know how excited you all are. Just have a great time!! Thanks so much for keeping us all informed. I sure do enjoy your pictures and comments. We have had a Great Christmas with Jane and her husband and their Son, Tim and family and Dauther. Tammy and Family. GOD IS SO GOOD!!
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot and Family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Linda, you're so right! Those grandkids will sure warm me! I'm so glad to be done with the chemo. Today has been a freezing day, but this is the last time to cycle through this! Woo Hoo!

    Thanks so much for forwarding Bill's mail. It's good to get the updates and see the pictures.

    I know you all missed him being home, but I know you had a wonderful time with the family you have close. Keep up the celebration. Every day is worthy of a celebration and I know you are good at it!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dot, I know you had a wonderful Christmas with all the family there. Jane must be so incredible! I'm so glad she wants to be there with you and be so delightful. I can't believe she even does her wonder work in Oklahoma! I'm sure enjoyintg the picture she sent to me!

    Yes, God is so GOOD! It's such a comfort to me to know that He is in control of everything. I'd be in way over my head if I didn't have him to keep me up.

    I can hardly wait to spend this week in Branson with Ruthie and Phil and the kids. They love being around them, so this is really a treat for all of us. You can imagine so you've had lots of family around for this holiday.

    Love you all,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete